Your Initial Dental Examination and Consultation
- Our initial consultation and examination can last about 2 hours- Please bring someone to assist and support you.
- The goal of this visit is to prepare you for cancer therapy as well as helping maintain your highest quality of life.
- During your consultaiton we will discuss several unique conditions including future dental limitations, product quality differences, mouth sores, dry mouth, jaw issues, decay acceleration, medication and unique prevention techniques.
- The dentist will perform much of the cleaning himself to ensure the most in-depth evaluation possible.
- The dentist will also discuss in depth a uniquely developed and desiqned preventive care program to help you avoid very serious conditions resutling from cancer therapy side effects.
- We understand that receiving a diagnosis of cancer is extremely difficult and trying. Our caring staff will work closely with you to ensure that all of your questions and concerns are answered.
Before your cancer treatment is the most critical time!
However, if you are a survivor and you did not have this care before your treatment, it is equally important to see a dental oncologist who will take the time to educate you about your ongoing preventive care along with tailoring a program to fit your unique challenges.